The mission of The Sovernet Community Giving Program is to:
- Give back to our Northern New England communities
- Motivate and support our employees to give charitable contributions to the organizations of their choice
- Support Sovernet businesses and communities
Sovernet Communications supports a wide variety of worthwhile programs and organizations, according to the following criteria:
- Impact: Will our contributions make a signifigant difference in the lives of the people affected?
- Employee Involvement: Are our employees commited to the cause enabling our donation to have a multiplying effect resulting in a larger impact of giving?
- Geography: Helping to strengthen from within the Sovernet community and beyond.
- Business Related Technologies: Sovernet can do the greatest good by giving our technology to educational programs and non-profits who need it.
Sovernet is proud of this representative sample of the many charitable and non-profit organizations we support. First among them is the Vermont Foodbank, in Barre, VT, the organization that our staff elected to support through volunteerism, in-kind and cash donations.
Others we are proud supporters of are as follows:
- American Red Cross of Northern VT, Burlington, VT
- BFDDA (Bellows Falls Downtown Development Association), Bellows Falls, VT
- Black River Watershed Action Team, Springfield, VT
- Compass School, Westminster, VT
- Connecticut River Watershed
- Food For Children, Manchester, NH
- Friends of Burlington Gardens, Burlington, VT
- Green Mountain Recovery, Montpelier, VT
- Hooker Dunham Theater and Gallery, Brattleboro, VT
- Lost Nation Theater, Montpelier, VT
- Main Street Arts, Saxtons River, VT
- New Brook Fire Department, Newfane, VT
- Parks Place, Bellows Falls, VT
- RAMP, Bellows Falls, VT
- Strolling of the Heifers, Brattleboro, VT
- The Nature Museum, Grafton, VT
- Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, Montpelier, VT
- Vermont Children's Aid Society, Winooski, VT
- Vermont Historical Society, Montpelier, VT
- Vermont Reading Partners, Manchester, VT
- Vermont Youth Orchestra, Winooski, VT